A conflict is a struggle between two actors seeking to appropriate or control resources that are regarded as valuable by both. Fethullah Gülen takes no part in such conflicts. He argues that “for a better world, the most effective path must be to avoid argument and conflict, and always to act positively and constructively,” and, “in the modern world, the only way to get others to accept your ideas is by persuasion”; “those who resort to force [are] intellectually bankrupt; for people will always demand freedom of choice in the way they run their affairs and in their expression of spiritual and religious values.” While it still needs to be improved, “democracy is now the only viable political system, and people should strive to modernize and consolidate democratic institutions in order to build a society where individual rights and freedoms are respected and protected, where equal opportunity for all is more than a dream.” Fethullah Gülen asserts that conflictual or reactionary action cannot reach its goals precisely because it typically offers extremism and violence and begets counter-extremism and counter-violence.
- Next story Isn’t the Gülen Movement antagonistic in character?
- Previous story French editor says Fethullah Gülen’s messages on anti-terrorism revolutionary
- Public Enemy No. 1: A Visit with Fethullah Gülen, Erdogan’s Chief Adversary
- Statement by Alliance for Shared Values on Developments in Turkey
- Fethullah Gülen issued messages of condolence for victims of the terrorist attacks in Iraq, Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia
- US judge tosses suit against reclusive cleric
- Fethullah Gülen on Terror and Terrorism
- Fethullah Gülen’s message of condolence for Muhammad Ali
- Isn’t the Gülen Movement antagonistic in character?
- What does Fethullah Gülen own? How does he support himself financially?
- Mystery surrounds Muslim cleric in US mountain compound
- HRW report: No evidence to accuse Gülen movement of terrorism
AK Party broken jug canada chastity corruption corruption in Turkey ekrem dumanli erdogan fethullah gulen fethullah gulen's interview fethullah gulen answers fethullah gulen bbc interview behind scenes fethullah gulen interview fethullah gulen interview BBC fethullah gulen movement fethullah gulen quotes fethullan gulen fethullan gulen interview fetullah gulen freedom gul gulen gulen movement heartstrings hizmet hizmet movement internet bill interview iraq irmak tv Mahir Zeynalov media movement nurullah albayrak ontario parliament politics president gul quotes salam scandal toronto turkey video view